Friday, April 07, 2006

Got married! :)

There were several unsuccessful attempts to add something to my blog. This is perhaps due to the fact that I've tried to use different programs to post my blogs here. Yes, I got married, which doesn't mean that my life or my relationships with others (including my lovergirl) have changed :). I've spent quite a deal of time thinking at the institution of matrimony, on this occasion. I tried to understand it better as a legal institution, as a social institution and so on.


One month ago a gave a talk on philosophical counseling at the Phil Club from my faculty. The talk was followed by discussions the next week. For an example of PC I offered myself with the problem 'should I marry or not?', while one of my former teachers was playing the role of the counselor. I argued for distrust in the matrimonial institution in a country where it is not accessible for LGBT people, for instance (a good friend of mine who is gay was a witness at the wedding).


I can't write much here (as usual :), so I'll leave this aside. This semester is the second time when I teach Critical Thinking to the students of my faculty. I also use to attend a seminar for Ph.D. students on Wittgenstein's philosophy of mind, given by one of my colleagues here, Adrian-Paul Iliescu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home